Sunday, July 11, 2010

Soon to be Three

 
I observe as my belly button slowly disappears, & it becomes more of a reality that life, as we know it - just the 2 of us (& Willow of course) - is about to change in ways that we've never experienced before (thank you to the many child bearers in our lives that constantly remind us of this).  With less than 2 months to go I am really starting to feel the pressure of making sure we are prepared (a feeling that is becoming more frequent & pressing, very much in sync to the physical pressure on my achy ribs). Friends have generously given me more books than I can read - I may be a fast typer but I'm a slow reader - & we have been regularly attending our prenatal classes, but I know deep down that there is only so much we can do to prepare ourselves for the life changes to come.  Its kind of like how people can tell you what it is like to grow a baby inside of you (even if they skip out on all the gooey taboo stuff that people do not want to talk about), but you never really know until you experience it for yourself.  The unknowing of what is to come & how it will affect our lives is kind of exciting - & maybe a bit scary...  When people say "your life is going to change forever" I think to myself that this is the kind of change that I have been craving for the past few years, since the 'ticker' started.  Saying that, am I ready???  Or should I say are we ready???  Well maybe only as prepared as we need to at this point.  But being a girl who thrives under pressure & deadlines - (assuming Wonderbaby doesn't decide to make his/her escape early), along with the challenge of living with a husband that sometimes needs a little extra push to get his butt in gear, all in all I think we will be as ready as we need to be when we need to be. So as long as my innie is still an innie, I guess I can sleep at night (as much as Wonderbaby lets me) knowing that I have a little more time to do whatever it is I need to do to prepare for our birth into parenthood.

2 comments:

  1. Prepare, Schmare......
    It will happen, you will learn and adapt.
    Put the books in the closet and enjoy the last few weeks of being just the two of you with Rodd.
    The baby will make sure you conform to what it wants, trust me. Baby won't care if h/s sleeps in a cardboard box so long as h/s is loved, fed and changed. It's really quite simple and natural and the more relaxed you are the easier it is going to be. Trust me you are very capable, no manual required.
    There my first piece of Motherly Advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,

    I don't think anyone is every really ready because you just don't know what to expect until your baby arrives (or a second baby arrives for that matter!). You and Rodd will be great parents. Let me know if you need anything...i.e. more maternity clothes (I've got lots) or newborn diapers/clothes (also got lots).

    ReplyDelete