Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Almost an Outie

























 
See my outie?  Well its sort of part innie, part outie.  Perhaps that is why I am putting things off.  Because if I get everything ready for Wonder Baby, then that will give the little tyke permission to come out.  
 
The hubby had been practically begging me to get some studio pictures taken, only I had a slight problem...if I was the subject in the picture, how could I take them.  He enthusiastically volunteered to take some & I reluctantly gave up what shutter control I could & let him.  We spent a good hour downstairs, Rodd discovering how much fun it can be to be the one behind the camera & myself feeling quite self conscious on the other end.  I struggled with setting the lights correctly (something to do with Baby Brain, they tell me) In the end we came up with some pretty decent shots.  He insisted we get some, lets say risque photos & I hesitantly gave in, deciding if I am going do this to my clients (the willing ones of course), I must put myself in their position....those images show a little more skin than I am comfortable sharing, so they will remain for our eyes only.
 
So here you see Wonder Baby as is today.  At 37 weeks I could give birth any day now, which is scary & exciting all the same.  I have the usual complaints of the 9 month woman, but not so sure I wish for this baby to come out just yet....& as a matter of fact, Wonder Baby seems quite comfortable where he/she is, other than the odd dance routine that takes place when I am ready to settle down.  In a number of ways I have bonded with this little creature squirming around inside my lovely lady bump & imagine in all the excitement it will be an adjustment when Wonder Baby is no longer dependant on my inner workings to work his/her own.
 
I think it is time to pack my hospital bag as the reality of this long anticipated responsibility is creeping up on us.  Perhaps the next time you hear from me I will be in a completely different state of mind, whether it is typing between efforts to coax Wonder Baby out of its comfy little womb, painful contractions, or attempting to feed, catching sleep & trying to control diaper changing induced gag reflexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment